Monday, June 27, 2011

Hello My Name is Oscar

Trip to Santa Teresa for a Wedding!!


Amy showing me how to make the x and o bracelet


Waiting for food after the wedding


Oh Amy how I love to visit thee and Santa Teresa. Where howler monkeys scream while I bathe at the pipe in the dark.

While visiting Amy we took a walk through half the village. Little kids were running up screaming, "Miss Amy! Miss Kevina!" We go to each other's villages often so most people know us. Well not one little boy:


Little boy: "Miss Amy, how she name?" (ref to me)

Amy: "Ask her."

Boy: "Ohhhh Oscar." (nodding and total acceptance on his face)

Me: "No! ASK ME!"

Boy: "Ohhhh Askme."

Me: "No my name is Kevina!"

So just call me Oscar from now on.



Karaoke time with Big Falls teachers


Juan and Florintina walking to the church


Calabash bowls of cacao before being served caldo

Our TIDE board, trophy table, and the 'big screen'


Victory Motorcade "Hey Greg"


Oh boys.


Ronaldo and Greg's best friend 'G' aka Alberto


Watching the slide show


"We WIN WE WIN!!"


Famous girls on the wall!!!


Right before the presentation, the stars dressed and waiting in the seats of honor.

The river right before we crossed it.















1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of the girls winning Gold!!!! What a great accomplishment! I loved their 'seats of honour'. I bet the cacao tastes really yummy out of the calabash cups. Yum! Great pics! They mean so much to all of us who miss you so much, yet feel we're peaking into your world these many miles away.
    I love you both so much! xo
    'Oscar, 'Askme' that was so funny I laugh everytime I think about the little boy asking, 'how she name?'

    ReplyDelete