Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Puch'uuk: To Wash Clothes

"Marriage is about the most expensive way for the average man to get the laundry done." Burt Reynolds





Ch'ina Ha' (The Creek)

The blood of a village.
Where we bathe, wash, play, hunt and clean our game.
The spot for gossip, advice, and meditation.
Where bad spirits can linger, where snakes meander.
Morning meetings with the ducklings, fish, and dogs coming for fresh cool water.
Calm, clear, and blue some days...
Raging, brown, and repulsive on rainy days.
What I'll miss most,
this small spot in paradise.
The laughter will fade,
the feel of the smooth stones under my hands will slip away,
but I will always keep my creek tucked safely in my heart.
"Tao' se Ha' "
Let's go to the creek.

2 comments:

  1. Weep, weep! You are so talented with your words and prose, Kevina. They took me back, back to the most wonderful 10 days in 2010 when you taught me how to wash clothes at the creek! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh, what an amazing mini-documentary. Kevina and Greg, the Music, the WORK it takes to wash clothes, meeting down at the creek for some playtime and some gossip. The little tidbits of K'etchi. No wonder all my friends are raving about this little "Indie Film!". I love you guys,and your work. Thanks so much for sharing this with us! Love always, Dad Hughes xxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete