Monday, August 17, 2009

Farewell For Now

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach

For much of our last month we have focused all our energy into spending time with family and friends. We have delighted in every second with all of you and we have come to the absolute realization that this has been the BEST summer of both our lives. I liken our visits to what it must have been like in the olden days. We gather (usually around good food) to share our skills/talents. Whether that be humor, music, stories, adventure, art, or hilarious awkwardness. It seems like each of our friends brings something unique to the table. Our lives have been filled with a kind of luxurious richness that money couldn't dream of buying. Never have we had so much fun in one summer. I guess what I am trying to say, well, our friend Wade said it best,"I just wanted to say, thanks for...you know, taking me on as a friend."
Delicious dinner followed by great music at Ryan and Melissa's in Winton Salem, NC
Bye friends!
Ian and Bridget's going away party and dinner at our hose with some of my high school friends :)
Mini ukulele jam with Garrett
These are the kids I used to babysit in charlotte...all grown up!
Group photo at North End of Carolina Beach after a great weekend of dancing and camping with the boys!
Eating at our going away party.
Some of the group that came out for goodbyes!
Special trip to say bye to lil' D and Tray

Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown

My little sister... I miss her already!

Farewell, my sister, fare thee well.
The elements be kind to thee, and make
Thy spirits all of comfort: fare thee well.
~William Shakespeare



“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”

1 comment:

  1. What a strange pose I am doing in the last picture! But it was quite sunny out! I loved this post and also I LOVED THE NOTE YOU SNUCK INTO MY CAR/PURSE? I just looked over in the seat while I was driving and hmm, what's this? This was a great post I love all the quotes, especially the last one! I am kicking myself many times for leaving my phone in my car during the 30 minute window in which you called me! Aaghh!

    ReplyDelete